This job is no longer available
Vice President of Business Development
Asia (Sales and Marketing Team)
The Vice President of Business Development in Asia will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing with key responsibility for all new business generation and Key Account activities in Asia.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a sales plan and strategies to expand the customer base and contribute to the development of training and educational programs for clients.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients, with a primary focus on developing new business.
- Develop action plans to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made; identify and contact sales prospects.
- Maintain accurate records in salesforce.com in the prescribed manner
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts where necessary.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Assist other departments in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Deep knowledge of geopolitics and political science. Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Five to ten years of business development experience, preferably in a related field.
- Work requires travel to current and potential clients.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and frequent overnight travel.